Created in 2014, the Department of Archaeology comprises two chairs and three organizational units. The Classical Archaeology division (previously known as the Archaeological Institute) has been housed since 1956 in the former University Hospital Department of Ophthalmology building at Rämistrasse 73. Constructed in 1893/94, it was designed by Otto Weber, a student of Gottfried Semper. The building is also home to the Archaeological Collection, with its many plaster casts. The Collection forms part of the museums and collections of the University of Zurich. The Prehistoric Archaeology division (formerly the Pre- and Protohistory section of the Department of History) is situated close by, at Karl-Schmid-Strasse 4, in what is known as Main Building 2. Both divisions maintain their own research libraries, as well as photograph libraries, and laboratories. The Department of Archaeology offers a number of study programs at bachelor's and master's level, as well as doctoral programs in classical and prehistoric archaeology.